Announcements: Welcome to the Guidance Web Page!
Schedule: I serve two schools, Haynesfield and Holston View. I am at Haynesfield on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Friday mornings. I will be at Holston View on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Friday afternoons.
Program: Tennessee Comprehensive School Counseling programs will provide Educational support for all students by promoting and facilitating their academic, personal/social and career development.
Counselors work with...
- Individual students to help them express concerns, better understand themselves, and work toward positive educational, personal, and social development.
- Developmental groups to help children learn from each other and share common concerns.
- Growth groups to explore experiences, study skills, and friendships.
- Problem-centered groups to deal with concerns that may be interfering with learning, such as:Classroom groups to help children feel good about themselves and their world. They develop positive educational, personal, and social skills.
- disruptive classroom behavior
- inadequate social skills
- personal/social issues
Conversation Starters With Your Child:
1. What was the best part of your day today?
2. What is the best thing about about your
3. Tell me two things that you learned today?
4. Tell me about any challenges that you had today
with your behavior?
Counselors help maximize the learning environment for students by...
- using public appraisal techniques to identify proper instructional placement
- organizing career awareness activities
- conducting staff development activities related to student needs and school responsiveness
- improving home/school communication
Counselors coordinate with...
- Teachers to gain information to provide curriculum-based classroom guidance.
- Parents to encourage positive home/school relationships.
- Teachers, Parents, and Students to promote positive testing conditions, skills, and attitudes and to assist in interpreting test results.
- New Students to introduce them to a new school.
- Special Service Staff to better serve students with special needs.
- Community Agencies to make appropriate arrangements for referrals and follow-up services.
- I believe that all students can achieve.
- I believe taht all students have dignity and worth.
- I believe that all students are important.
Center for Grief & Loss
Childrens Advocacy Center of Sullivan County
Love and Logic
National Center for Youth Issues
American School Counselor Association
Santa Pal of Bristol
Child Mental Health Information for Parents
Divorce Help For Children
Divorce Help For Children and Parents
Drug Education Information for Parents
Guide to Getting Along
Health Information for Children and Parents
Occupational Outlook Handbook
PBS Kids for Ages 9-12
40 Developmental Assets